Saturday 30 January 2010

Magic Needles

Today I had my annual visit to Dr Dollars and his magic needles, an appointment best booked when the diary is free for a day or so. This is a procedure, just like childbirth, where a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, the absolutely worst scenario is to watch the process on TV and visualise yourself under the needle, I speak from a fair few years of experience and can honestly say the "evil poison" does not hurt and the benefits hugely outweigh the discomfort of having a few little pricks in your face...........if you can excuse the terminology!!!!! I consider it to be absolute imperative maintenance procedure and an investment for the future. This is not something I have ever been ashamed of nor pretended hasn't happened, but neither do I broadcast it, from the rooftops; rather to bask in my youthful perception of my onlooker's innocence

I can assure you I am not going for the complete Joan Rivers look, but suffice it to say, my brow furrows have virtually disappeared over the years and conversely I have watched them appear on my friend's faces, those of the scathing Luddites who watched me with a morbid fascination and sentiments along the lines of "how could you?" . I have not yet gone under the knife but never say never. I really cannot understand the celebrity culture to deny the blindingly bloody obvious, who are they trying to kid? The camera does not lie no matter what their "people" tell them or us.

The MD doesn't approve of my vanity, and hopes I am not doing it for him???? Excuse me! It's not his face; it's mine; I don't quite understand that question? It's even my own bank balance so surely this should not enter the equation, What is it with men that they think we dress, to suit them, how little they know about the female psyche and fail to comprehend that we dress and adorn ourselves so that other women will notice. As the more highly developed species' we know men will be none the wiser. PFB on the other hand was fascinated, she actually came and observed a session and is determined to strike whilst the iron is hot and book an appointment as soon as the first crow's toe appears.

The dreaded "filler" however, is another kettle of fish, this is so not nice, I do have the "odd" wrinkle around my mouth that could possibly benefit from a touch of semi-permanent polyfiller and, for this, I do insist on an anaesthetising injection. This is where the fun starts, as the anaesthetic is almost as painful as the jabs, but, once the numbness kicks in Bob's your uncle and he can make merry with all the little pits and crannies that have resulted from a lifetime of laughter and over excess. The subsequent swelling is another matter, hence the necessity to consult the calendar as the trout mouth trauma is not a pretty sight and the general public should be protected for maybe a day or two. Today I did actually venture to Aldi after the event but was happy to do so in the knowledge that the majority of other shoppers would be so much more interested in the designs of fellow shoppers pyjamas than my boatrace.

The relief of being able to exit his consulting room is worth the few hundred notes incurred, suffice it to say, I don't really need that new Prada bag and I do wear my face every day.

footnote Sunday
Waheyyyy I have lips like Angelina Jolie and no side effects

No comments:

Post a Comment