Friday 29 January 2010

My baby

I must say that this bloggin' malarkey is a bit like having just given birth for the first time, you don't quite know how to handle the precious being you have just created and feel the need to keep rushing to its cot just to make sure it's still alive. Unsure of your own parenting capabilities and skills, it's very much play it by ear and hope you are making the correct judgments, luckily I have only three followers to catch me out; but then I have to ask myself, am I really only doing this for my own self edification?

You have to nourish the "new baby" with stimulating and original information, spellcheck and edit the grammar so you don't look a complete ignoramus, but at the same time, keep it lighthearted, entertaining and spontaneous. A lifelong insomniac, I wake up at night and compose the perfect topic, I feed it, change it, burp it and put it to bed (in my head) then promptly forget the whole content come the following day.

God, we have all read those dog-bloggers who take themselves so seriously and really think they are going to change the World, so, not wanting to appear a "pushy mum", I am going to try to modestly present my "baby" and allow it to develop at its own pace.

An update to yesterday's blog about the "the boys from the Black Stuff", or red as the case may be.......I can now report that the MD is not bonkers, he literally laid his life upon the line and I can honestly say blackmail, extortion and protection rackets are alive and kicking in our locality....I joke not.

Without wanting to sound melodramatic, I honestly think it may be quite a long time before I sleep deeply again without waking at the slightest sound, I sincerely hope this blog will not have to be used in evidence...............

No comments:

Post a Comment