Sunday 21 February 2010

Diamond Dress

I touched briefly on this diamond purchase whilst wedding shopping blogging and to be honest I have surprised myself, this dress is an absolute “steal” with change from twenty five notes!!! A near identical print to the pink chain printed Versace asymmetrical dress as modelled by Georgia Jagger, this hot little number is as simple as could be; lycra fitted mini dress with scoop neck, a smidgeon of shoulder pads and ¾ sleeves. Every time I wear it I get positive comments, probably everyone shocked it is not my regulation black, and suddenly I am noticed, it’s definitely put a spring in my step.


Now wouldn’t you have just thought a sugar pink dress with random patches of black and white leopard print, chain surrounds and roccoco/baroque scrolling would not have done you any favours, the description alone is enough to make you wish you hadn’t had that last Hob-nob. Well I can assure you that this dress hides a multitude of sins as well as re-energising my demeanour; it is fashion forward and fun and I am loving it. I am really backing this 80s revival and have just secured a couple of genuine vintage Versace silk scarves from "my favourite sweetshop", ebay, all of course totally inappropriate for someone my age but when did that ever stop me?


So I have done what I do best, go with your first instincts and wear, wear, wear, but before you do that ensure it is replaceable. I have already secured a second identical item. So many times in the past I have kept something for best because it was precious, well now my philosophy is enjoy it whilst it is fresh and hot with the knowledge that the understudy is waiting in the wings should the master copy become literally, a little worse for wear.


I wore it last night for supper with Lulu and Paolo, I hadn’t been in the house 5 minutes when (at my suggestion) she had it off my back to try and no doubt she was online at the crack of dawn to secure one for herself. I am not precious about my style, all these clothes are out there for the taking and as I said before it’s not what you wear but how you wear it.


And the cost of this cool little baby…….. £24.99 from River Island, check it out.


However, as for previously blogged about silver slub satin shapeless sack? That has gone back. If that’s the shape of things to come when you get to my age, then bring on the bath chair now………

No comments:

Post a Comment