Saturday 6 February 2010

To the shops…….

MD has been on a petrol head jolly to Bavaria so, taking advantage of his absence I drove to downtown Cl’aaam for a catch up with PFB and Son#1. Supermarket; check, Cava, check… Abracadabra Chicken Fajitas by special request, check. I-phone duly charged up with free applications and appropriate listening, job done and am booted and suited and ready to roll. We departed after respective booty camp (PFB) and lie-in (me), courtesy of my i-phone and in head sat nav, sheer brilliance, straight there no diversions, excursions or perversions.

Wow shopping mall extraordinaire; love it, having been unable to shop til I dropped for a fair few months due to horrid knee injury this was my dream ticket. So many non high street new names as well as some I remember from trips abroad. This truly knocks the Grand Arcade into a cocked hat….PFB of course knows it like the back of her hand, having been involved in her professional capacity in the opening of one of the stores.

Prada lured me with magnet like attraction, I had a needing to replace my long lost make-up bag which now resides at the bottom of the Mekong delta, but even the skull adorned one did not meet with my precise criteria. The shoulder encrusted studded dress in Reiss was only available to those of a size zero, Zara is full of those vile nude coloured lace bodies which make the Pallid English completion look like one is covered in sceriosis, another HUGE no no. I was really beginning to panic, hyperventilation was setting in, I had shopped for 45 minutes and not bought a single item.

Then we chanced upon an amazing Polish cosmetics store called INGLOT, a bit of a Mac-alike image but an enormous array of colours; over 200 shades of lippies and varnishes, I was sorely tempted to abandon my tried and trusted regulars, but settled for iridescent lip-gloss for my hols and PFB (minimist little style icon that she is) bought her very first lipstick!!! They had false eyelashes dusty Springfield would have been proud of, and glam rock glitters to do Adam Ant proud.

Top shop has lost the plot, Wallis looks like Littlewoods, Laura Ashley still in the 80s time warp and Gap downright dull. PFB secured much wanted over knee suede boots from Marta Jonsson at billy bargain price and finally I found fringed studded jacket, skirt and bag to go………..there is always the possibility they may just lurk in my wardrobe for a week or so then make their way back for refund but chances are I will run with my first instinct and enjoy wearing them until they find their way onto Ebay. My magpie gene is loving all the embellished and studded look, totally inappropriate for someone my age but I bought it all the same, as Fallen Angel’s five year old grand daughter replied when asked if Granny looked old “no just very grown up” well I guess that’s the look I want, to grow old Disgracefully and settle up…….. Never down. I did venture into one store which looked like the sort of shop I should be interested in but …well…it really isn’t my style

1 comment: